Establishing Fitness Routines
Once you have determined that you want to become fit, you will want to establish a fitness routine. Although most people think of classes and specific activities (such as jogging or tennis) as the way to fitness, there are many ways you can work activity into your life. Consistency is the key to success!
Fitness classes or trainers provide a consistent approach to an activity. Local gyms, schools, and churches may sponsor a regular fitness group. Teams also provide a consistent approach to fitness, but are more competitive.
Structured fitness has the advantage of:
- Being held at the same time and place, which is easier for your schedule.
- Having a social atmosphere.
- "Healthy" peer pressure to show up and participate.
Many people find an activity they enjoy and create their own fitness program. For it to be effective, you must set up a regular schedule and stick to it. Self-directed fitness gives you:
- Flexibility as to the time and place.
- The ability to try different types of exercises.
Here are some helpful article links from around the web: